I don’t have enough I "should" do-so I take on more challenges…actually I’m so in love with my new Sugar Nellie stamps, that doing a weekly challenge with them is better than just looking at them, don’t you think? And, with this one I was able to kill two birds with one stone…uumm, I wonder where that bit of wisdom ever originated? Anyhow, my oldest granddaughter, Brianna, won her school district’s spelling bee, and she was able to go on to the county spelling bee today. She didn’t win and was disappointed she didn’t do better (she’s "kind of" an overachiever!), but she had to beat out about 400 peers just to go to the county match, so I made this card to cheer her up and to let her know that her grandpa and I are so proud of her. I apologize for the apparent "glare," but I used shimmery card stock and chalk, plus the background is heat embossed, so I had a difficult time avoiding it!
- Fontastic background stamp(SU!®-retired)
- Circle of Friendship (SU!®)
- So Many Scallops (SU!®-FREE Sale-A-Bration stamp set)
- Nellie with Cake (Sugar Nellie)
- Shimmery White
- Regal Rose
- Daisy D (polka dot)
- watercolor paper
- Stampin’ Up! Craft Regal Rose®
- Palette Hybrid Burnt Umber
- Pebbles Shimmer chalks
- SU!® blender pen
- Scallop Oval and Oval Nestibilities dies
- SU!® scallop circle punch
- SU!® ticket corner punch
- SU!® 1" circle punch
- SU!® clear embossing powder
- SU!® heat gun
- Argyle ribbon (May Arts from the Pink Hedgehog)
1. Stamp image with waterproof ink (I like to use Palette Hybrid because it doesn’t smear even when it gets wet, and is easy to remove from rubber stamps).
2. Color and shade image with chalk-I like to use a blender pen to get a nice watercolor look. Can also be used dry.
3. Die cut image out with oval die; cut polka dot paper out with scalloped die. Layer.
4. Cut Regal Rose card stock 8 1/2" X 5 1/2"; cut Shimmery White card stock 4" X 5 1/4".
5. Inked background stamp with Craft Regal Rose ink® on Shimmery White card stock; heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
6. Stamped solid color scallop stamp and circle stamp on Shimmery White card stock with SU! Craft Regal Rose ink®, heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
7. Punched scalloped image out with scallop circle punch, and circle image with 1" circle punch. Layered with adhesive.
8. Punched corners from embossed background with ticket corner punch, assembled card as shown.
Thanks for looking! Hope you like your card, Brianna!