I just have to share the great news! Jessica Sprague is offering a FREE class to anyone who wants to participate! I’ve taken a couple of Jessica’s classes on Photoshop, and believe me, she is a thorough and thoroughly engaging teacher!
You do not have to be a scrapbooker, just someone who wants to capture stories that are important to you-not necessarily the "big" events either…rather those things you just don’t want to forget!
On her blog, Jessica writes:
"We all have stories like that. Everyone. And I’m here to tell you that what you have to say matters, whether it makes it onto a scrapbook page or not. Whether you took a picture of it or not.
So I began devising a system. For capturing the stuff that lives in between the Big Events that we tend to scrap more often. For recording the little things that make life rich and fulfilling and unique. I am really excited about it. I hope that this new system will give me a lot of freedom to spend time on the projects I want to spend time on, without stressing that stories are going untold otherwise. AND, most importantly, that it will gives me Stories in Hand when I am ready to pick a new project to work on.
So are you ready to gather some stories, so you can have them in hand?
In class, we will learn:
- Techniques for capturing memories from our own lives and from others
- Dozens of prompts for stories you might have forgotten
- A cool system for capturing the stories happening in your life right now, AND for listing the stories you have yet to tell
- Printable goodies that will make your “capture” system work, AND keep it cute! (you know we gotta keep it cute – there’s nothing in life that’s not better with a great design)
- “Next steps” video tutorials for turning your stories into pages
- Technologies you can use to help you gather your stories together with photos, video, your blog, or any other media you have that gives a peek into your life
And we will make a REALLY CUTE project! (You’ll find out the supply list when you register). You are not required to have Photoshop to complete the project.
Oh yeah, by the way, this class is COMPLETELY FREE."
For more information on how to register, check out Jessica’s blog, The Sprague Lab, here: http://spraguelab.squarespace.com/
Thanks for stopping by!