I love background stamps-they’re probably one of my favorite types to work with, and "Riot of Petals" is certainly fun! As soon as I saw it in the new Spring-Summer Collection 2008 catalog, I knew I had to have it!
This card was very easy to make, and I like how the colors of the card stock really make the pastels pop.
Riot of Petals
One of a Kind
Wild Wasabi (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"; 2 1/2" x 2")
Lavendar Lace (4" x 5 1/4"; 2 1/4" x 1 3/4")
Whisper White (3 3/4" x 5"; 2" x 1 1/2")
Stampin’ Pastels®(Lavender Lace, Sage Shadow, & Yoyo Yellow)
Ticket Corner Punch
Rhinestone Brads (from the Pretties Kit)
Wild Wasabi Double-stitched Ribbon
Cotton balls, sponge, or sponge daubers
1. Stamp the image on Whisper White card stock with Versamark ink. Using cotton balls (or sponge or sponge daubers), quickly apply chalk to the stamped areas. As I apply the chalk with cotton balls, I start with a light touch, and then as I’m completing an area I give it a little harder rub to burnish the color into the ink. If I rub too hard right away, I get more of a smudged look, which is all right if that’s the look I’m going for…
2. Using the ticket corner punch, punch all the corners all the card stock except for the base of the card (Wild Wasabi).
3. Wrap the Wild Wasibi ribbon around the Whisper White card stock, adhere to back with adhesive.
4. Stamp the sentiment on the small piece of Whisper White card stock.
5. Layer the three small pieces of card stock as shown. Insert rhinestone brad.
6. Layer the three large pieces of card stock as shown.
7. Attach the small layered pieces to the card front with Dimensionals.
Thanks for looking!