puh – nash: noun; a grand or flamboyant manner; verve; style; flair
I am proud to announce the very first workshop being held at Just Be Yourself!
Panache is a five week art journaling course for beginners AND the more experienced alike! Five fun-filled weeks of instruction including beautiful PDFs and videos, all downloadable for you to save on your computer!
The popularity of art journaling grows day by day, yet there are so many that say they don't know where to start, or what to do!
You may be asking yourself, "What IS art journaling? And all those art supplies! What are they, what do they do, where in the world do I find them? How do I even begin?"
I've wanted to do an art journaling workshop for quite a long time, but I wanted to be able to offer something truly helpful, fun, educational, unique…and now the time is right!
This workshop is going to focus on the basics, but will also be challenging for the more experienced. We're also going to explore style…finding your own personal style is really about discovering yourself! This will be a time for researching, experimenting, and discovering what YOU like and what is important to you. There are no rules in art journaling except the ones you set for yourself!
Each of the five weekly lessons will feature a different "style" and we'll focus on ten components, including but not limited to:
1. Basic Color Theory, Mixing Colors, and Developing Color Schemes – Each week will feature something new to learn about color! You will learn to be more confident about mixing and using color in your own pages!
2. Basic Design Principles – Nothing to be afraid of and just learning some basics will give you a creative edge!
3. Art Supply Video Demos – I'll teach you about lots of art supplies through video instruction, and then YOU can determine if you want to buy!
4. Backgrounds and Borders – Each week's PDF lesson will feature patterns, borders, and doodles to help you start your pages!
5. Creative Lettering and Embellishing – you'll learn a bit about creative lettering and your weekly PDF lesson will include FREE fonts to use in your own art journals, plus I'll teach you how to "pretty them up" using simple supplies; each weekly PDF lesson will also include swirls and flourishes to dress up your pages!
6. Prompts and Quotes – Don't know WHAT to journal about? Each week you'll get journal prompts and quotes to get you started!
7. Journal Boxes and Frame Designs – Each lesson will include different journal "boxes" for you to add to your pages.
8. Inspiration and Style Recommendations – Books, web sites, and movies to help you define YOUR own style!
9. YOUR Turn! – Each week's lesson will include videos featuring techniques, tools, and handcrafted resources including instruction on making and using stencils and masks; making texture using found objects; making your own stamps; mark makers using simple household and found objects; and re-purposing items to add your own flair to your pages! You'll be able to watch me create my pages from start to finish.
10. A surprise component that will offer lots of fun and help you to further define and refine your own sense of style!
Each week you receive a beautiful, originally designed PDF lesson to print out and put in your "workbook." It will include the above mentioned resources as well as discussion questions. You can share your answers and findings with your fellow classmates which will help to further offer inspiration.
It's not too late to enroll! Either use the PayPal button in the right sidebar, or enroll from the Ning group where the workshop will be held: Just Be Yourself
You will need to join Just Be Yourself to take the workshop, but it is a free group, so don't worry about additional charges.
You will also need high speed internet to view and download the videos, and Adobe Reader to download and view the PDF lessons. All materials are yours to keep!
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope to see YOU there!
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Hugs and Toodles!