I feel so honored today! My dear friend, Michelle Rae Schafer of Studio at Crow Haven Farms and artist extraordinaire, has bestowed upon me the beautiful Kreativ Blogger Award! I try to keep my blog fresh, interesting, fun, and most of all “Kreativ,” so this means a lot to me! Thanks Michelle!
The rules are simple:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award (but of course!).
2. Copy the logo and paste to your blog (of course, how else will you know what the award is?).
3. Link to the person who gave you the award (but of course!).
4. Name seven things about yourself that no one would really know (but do you really want to?).
5. Nominate seven “Kreativ” Bloggers (that’s going to be tough…only seven?).
6. Post links to the seven blogs.
7. Leave a comment on each blog so they know you nominated them (well, yes, they would need to know that!).
So, seven things about me you might like to know (or you just have a sick curiosity! LOL!):
1. My favorite color is pink…I also like apple green, and buttery yellow.
2. I have always loved dolls, especially paper dolls…and I don’t think I’ll outgrow that…in fact, several years ago I bought myself a Life of Faith doll…I adore her…she is “the” doll I wished I’d had during my childhood…
3. I only like to wear cotton. My favorite clothes are blue jeans and white tops…white blouses and T-shirts are my favorites. I also like wearing long skirts. This is my current favorite…it’s not quite red, and not pink…kind of raspberry.
4. My favorite coffee is Cafe Francais by General Foods International Coffee…I go through about two tins per week. I’m addicted.
5. I love chocolate…but then doesn’t everybody?
6. I love to watch movies…science fiction are my favorite…but I also like period and fantasy movies as well. The Lord of the Rings trilogy is at the top of my list. So is King Arthur.
7. My husband and I are bibliophiles…we have a lot of books…many we purchase at garage sales and second-hand stores…we have hundreds.
So now the difficult part of getting this award is awarding it to seven other bloggers…so here they are:
1. Kelly Burton – Artsy Visions
2. Carla Mayfield – Paper Pastorale
3. Erika Martin – Stampin’ Mama
4. Etha Schuette – A Fiber Artist Gone Stamping
5. Mónica Zúñiga – http://monicazuniga.blogspot.com/
6. “Kitty” Kellie Reynolds – The Magical Musings of Paper Cat Designs
7. Gail Schmidt – Shabby Cottage Studio
I figured I’d also share something creative with you…as I’ve mentioned before I’ve been involved in an international art journal round robin…this is another set of pages I did for one of the participants who is from Australia.
I used Golden Acrylics for the background. The flowers are actually digital art I purchased from artist Christine Honsinger (Fiddlette) from Scrap Artist, and the collage letters are also digital art from Roben-Marie Smith from Every Life Has a Story. They both are amazing digital artists. Because their art is digital and not PDF, I’m able to alter it in either Photoshop or Word…I print the art out on Kodak Matte Photo paper. I feel this works out far better than using regular card stock or printer paper. The images stay crisp, and hold up much better when using gel medium in the art journals.
Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to do something creative!