I don’t know how it happened, but the screen for my laptop bit the big one–it looks like something exploded in there! You just don’t know how much you depend on technology until you don’t have it. I’m in a quandry right now–I have cards to share that are on a SD, but the only computer I have to use right now is the old PC dinosaur, and it doesn’t have that kind of drive–so, guess those cards will have to wait. I did scan this card on my old scanner hooked up to my old computer, so hopefully this will work. I cannot believe how outdated that scanner is…
Blue Bayou (8 1/2" x 5 1/4")
Whisper White (5 1/2" x 4 1/4" plus a scrap of Whisper White)
Singing Cowboy (Artistic Outpost)
Night of Navy
Old Paper Distress Ink
Burnt Umber Palette Hybrid
dark blue jute cord
Small star punch
1. Using the direct to paper technique, swipe the card with Blue Bayou, White Craft, Night of Navy ink pads, and then Blue Bayou and Night of Navy in the other direction letting each color of ink dry completely before applying another.
2. Using the direct to paper technique swipe the Whisper White card stock with Old Paper Distress Ink, and then a touch of Blue Bayou. (Whisper White was cut 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"). I stamped the grass and flowers and song first, and then stamped the cowboy over the top of the grass. Since they’re all the same color I didn’t mask.
3. Tear off all the edges of the Whisper White to create distressed look. Using Burnt Umber and a sponge dauber, ink the edges, and when dry curl up the edges to look burnt. Mount on Blue Bayou base.
4. Make a small rope using dark blue jute (two strands about 18" long), and wind up into a lasso–wrap ends of jute through the lasso, and tie using just one knot. Mount on card with glue dots.
5. Distress Whisper White card stock with Old Paper Distress Ink and Blue Bayou. Punch out three stars with small star punch, ink edges with Burnt Umber and sponge dauber, and mount on card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Thanks for looking! Hopefully my new computer will be here tomorrow or Saturday–"they" are sending it next day, so my fingers are crossed. This will teach me to back up my files on my external hard drive. Hopefully…