It’s time again for blog candy! I LOVE blog candy, and I especially love giving it away. I’ve been fortunate enough to have acquired lots of really cool tools and supplies this past year, and know how fun it is to try them out. There’s not much I want or need this year for Christmas since I’ve acquired so much already. At the top of my wish list is the new 2008 Mary Engelbreit Calendar – the one where you tear a page off for each day. Hope I get it from a loved one! Since I really don’t have much of a wish list, I’ll list my favorite products and/or tools I "acquired" this past year…
My "Top 10" list of favorites this year, in no particular order are:
1. Nestabilities – these are awesome dies for creating your own die cuts. I’ve played with them quite a bit, but not near enough yet…I have found they make awesome die cuts from thin chipboard…something I plan on selling in my new boutique "Praierie Papier Cottage" in the near future.
2. Tim Holtz’s Distress Paint – I have acquired all 24 colors, and was pleasantly surprised at how easy they are to use. When I purchased them I didn’t know that there was a brush attached to the inner side of the cover–that would’ve been good to know before I searched for a foam brush to use. I painted a metal bookplate for a scrapbook I’ve been working on for my daughter, and talk about good, fast coverage! Will definitely be playing with these some more when I get home and have the time!
3. Basic Grey Paper – all of it! I love that Basic Grey makes 6 x 6 inch pads for those of us who aren’t much into scrapbooking! A generous sized pad for only $6! Most pads also have coordinating ribbons, buttons, and fibers…gotta love that! My favorites so far are Stella Ruby and Figgy Pudding. I love love love all of them!!!
4. Garden Silhouettes stamp set from Stampin’ Up!®– one of the hostess sets from the 2007 Fall/Winter Collection…I’m going to miss it when it retires December 31. I love the style and versatility.
5. River Rock card stock from Stampin’ Up!®– one of the 2007-08 In Colors…a great neutral color…love love love it!
6. Bind-It-All – a great little binding machine with a great selection of "O" wires! Simple to use, small, compact size for traveling or home use, this little machine can punch through a lot! Also comes with a handy tote (sold separately) and a took kit in a matching case (also sold separately). Wish it came in pink though…
7. Crop-a-Dile – I have carpal tunnel and arthritis, and this handy tool makes punching holes or setting eyelets a breeze. Definitely worth the money!
8. Prismacolor Markers – I haven’t jumped onto the Copic Markers bandwagon, yet anyway. They are expensive! But, I did purchase the 154 pc. set of Prismacolor markers from Dick Blick at about 50% off…and I LOVE them! Great colors, and they lay color down nicely. I’ve only used them a few times, again because of the carpal tunnel it makes it difficult to use them for a long time, but I’m having a blast with them. Their blender pens also work great! Definitely one of my very favorites this year!
9. Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug embossing folders – what can be said that hasn’t already been covered about this great little tool! The embossing folders are my favorite, and right after the first of the year Provocraft is releasing about nine new ones with fantastic designs. I’m already on the waiting list!
10. I"m already at number ten and have so many other great products I’ve fallen in love with this past year and it’s difficult to pick only one more…there’s Glimmer Mist, all the ribbon from the Pink Hedgehog, Fluffles the Cat stamps from Stampendous, any stamps from Stampin’ Up!®, Innovative Stamp Creations, Fun Flock from Gel-a-Tins, any May Arts ribbon, Gina K Designs Stamps, Hanna Stamps, My Favorite Things Stamps, especially I Brake for Stamps (all of them!!!!), Artistic Outpost stamps, Prismacolor pencils, Build-a Brads from Stampin’ Up!®, Pretties kit from Stampin’ Up!®, OMG, the list could go on and on – so, I’ll just say all of the above, especially all the stamps, and ribbon, and …
So, now that I’m finally done rambling on and on and on…what does that have to do with blog candy? Well, first, if you haven’t already, and you’re NOT a Stampin’ Up!® demo, sign up for my newsletter directly under my photo and copyright notice…then, comment on this post by listing YOUR top five stamping and/or papercrafting wish list items. The lucky winner, chosen randomly who INCLUDES at least her first name AND city and/or state so I can tell you apart, will win one of the items on her top five wish list! Be sure to include some not-so-expensive items cause my budget won’t allow for a new Cricut Expressions machine, etc. I’ll do my best to fulfill one of your wishes!
You must comment before midnight (mountain time) December 14th.
That’s it! Tell me what you want, and I’ll be YOUR Santa!