The pink and brown color combination is a popular one, and one of my favorites. This card also features the beautiful Berry Bliss DSP and the direct to paper technique.
- One of a Kind
- Whisper White
- Purely Pomegranate
- Close to Cocoa
- Berry Bliss Designer Series Paper®
- Ticket Corner Punch
- 1/2" Circle Punch
- Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon
- Heat Gun
- Crystal Effects®
- Sponge Dauber
Tips and Tricks:
1. To prepare the cardstock used for the stamped image, use Whisper White cardstock, and the three ink colors listed above, starting with the Pretty in Pink. Hold the pad in hand, and gingerly swipe the cardstock in a circular motion, covering approximately 1/3 with the ink. Repeat with the Purely Pomegranate and Close to Cocoa until you have the desired coverage. Then cut the cardstock to size and stamp.
2. Ink all the edges of all the pieces of paper and cardstock with Close to Cocoa ink and a sponge dauber.
3. To "build a brad," punch a 1/2" circle using the 1/2" circle punch from Purely Pomegranate cardstock. Adhere to the bottom piece of the brad with a drop of Crystal Effects®. Put a drop of Crystal Effects® on top of the punched circle, and add the clear top of the brad, gently pushing it down. The Crystal Effects® will "smoosh" out."
4. To achieve the melted ribbon, carefully melt with the heat gun while holding the taffeta ribbon with a tweezers or clothespin. Take care not to burn yourself!
Thanks for looking!