This week’s Blogger’s Challenge was to use the card layout from the cover of Stampin’ Up!®‘s Sale-a-Bration Catalog. Our Stampin’ Up!® catalogs are a great resource for ideas whether it be layouts (cards and scrapbooks), color combinations, and embellishment ideas, as well as gift and home decorating ideas; these catalogs have them all in addition to their great stamps sets! If you’d like to know how you can get on my mailing list and receive free mini catalogs, or if you’d like to receive our new Spring/Summer Collection catalog, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DCWV All Dressed Up
Palette Hybrid Noir Black
SU!® Classic Bravo Burgundy
SU!® Craft Whisper White
Infinite Goodness (Level 2 Hostess Gift!)
Stampin’ Pastels® (Bravo Burgundy, Mellow Moss)
Black and Pink satin ribbon
Black polka-dot organdy ribbon (May Arts – from the Pink Hedgehog)
rhinestones (craft store)
Corner Punch (SU!®)
1. Cut Bravo Burgundy card stock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score and fold in half.
2. Cut polka dot paper 3" x 4 1/2".
3. Cut Whisper White card stock 2 1/2′ x 2 1/2". Stamp berries image with waterproof ink. I used a small applicator from my Stampin’ Pastels to color the berries Bravo Burgundy, and the leaves Mellow Moss. Then I used a blender pen to pick up more of the pastels’ colors to add some shading. When using a blender pen in your pastels, make sure to use just one corner to pick up color to avoid the whole surface getting crusty and hard to work with.
4. Punch corner notches in WW card stock, and layer on a piece of Bravo Burgundy that has been cut 2 3/3" x 3 3/4" and has the corners notched out.
5. For the zigzag edge, I just cut WW card stock with my Paper Buddy paper cutter. You could also use a pinking shears or decorative edger. Adhere to the right side of 3 x 3" Bravo Burgundy.
6. Adhere image layers to the card front. Using Crystal Effects or other liquid adhesive, attach rhinestones to the corners of the stamped image.
7. Stamp sentiment in Stampin’ Up! White Craft ink® on the bottom of card front.
8. Attach black and white polka dot bow to card front with Pop-up Dots.
Thanks for looking!