I had such great news this week…I was invited to be a permanent member of Blogger’s Challenge! I’ve only done three challenges so far, but they sure are a lot of fun! So, here is my first as a "real" member! Our challenge this week was Designer Series Paper. It was tough not to keep adding to the card, but rather let the paper "speak for itself."
This is a very easy card to make…
- Soft Sky Prints Designer Series Paper
- Whisper White
- Soft Sky
- Soft Sky In Color Classic Ink Pad®
- Soft Sky Double Stitched-Ribbon
- Small Half Pearl from the Pretties Kit
- Small and Large Flower from Pretties Kit
- Stampin’ Dimensionals®
- Sponge Dauber
- Cuttlebug Happy Birthday A2 Embossing Folder
1. Cut Soft Sky card stock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"; score at 4 1/4".
2. Cut Whisper White card stock 5 1/4" x 4".
3. Using sponge dauber, ink the edges of the Whisper White card stock with Soft Sky ink.
4. Cut DSP 5" x 3 3/4"; insert in embossing folder and emboss.
5. Adhere the embossed DSP to the Whisper White card stock.
6. Tie ribbon around Whisper White; I just used a square knot.
7. Gently color the large flower with Soft Sky ink using a sponge dauber. Repeat for small flower.
8. Using a small piece of Stampin’ Dimensional or other adhesive, adhere the small half pearl to the center of the small flower. Adhere the small flower to the center of the large flower.
9. Adhere the flowers to the card with Stampin’ Dimensional right over the ribbon’s knot.
10. Adhere the card to the Soft Sky background.