This week our Blogger’s Challenge is a color combo consisting of Old Olive, Pumpkin, Rose Red, and Teal-definitely not something I would have come up with, therefore making the challenge that much more fun, and, well, challenging!
"Assemblage" (Innovative Stamp Creations)
Old Olive (SU!®)
Pumpkin Pie (SU!®)
Rose Red (SU!®)
Taken with Teal (SU!®)
Obscure (Basic Grey)
Noir Black (Palette Hybrid)
Rose Red (Stampin’ Up!®)
1" Sheer Black Organdy Ribbon (May Arts)
1. To give some of the paper a distressed look, I inked the edges with Noir Black ink.
2. Rose Red ink was used to ink the edges of the Pumpkin Pie card stock.
3. To create the "window," I backed the printed paper with a scrap of the same paper because it wasn’t double-sided (white sides together). I cut an "X" through both layers (I made the cuts uneven on purpose), rolled them back, and inked the edges with black.
4. I stamped the Old Olive with one of the ISC stamps and the Noir Black ink, and placed that behind the opening.
5. I used a heat gun to distress (melt) the organdy ribbon, and then placed it behind the stamped and distressed Rose Red card stock.
Thanks for looking!