This week’s challenge was bugs or insects, and since I don’t have a woodtick stamp I settled for a dragonfly…okay, just kidding! Blech..woodticks are gross!
I used a beautiful dragonfly stamp from I Brake for Stamps-there are four different sizes in the set, and this is the second largest…the largest one is HUGE! I stamped the image on watercolor paper, and colored it with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I then covered it with a Spica pen (clear), although the sparkles don’t show up in my photo which is weird because usually I have a problem with glare when I photograph anything with gloss or sparkle…the paper is Natural Ivory (SU!) and Amy Butler. I don’t remember who made the sentiment stamp, but I love this one. The sentiment was stamped with Burnt Umber Palette ink, and everything was antiqued with that and Tea Dye Distress Ink. The ribbon is organdy. I used glue dots to attach the dragonfly to the card (except for the top wings which I left unattached).
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other Bloggers’ Challenges by clicking on the icon in the left sidebar. Oh, and have a great weekend!